Getting to DIMACS
Location and Directions: DIMACS’s main offices are located on the fourth floor of the CoRE Building on the Busch Campus of Rutgers University. (This building is more formally called the Computing Research and Education Building.)
- Main Office: 406 CoRE Building
- Mailing Address: DIMACS, 96 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854-8018
- Address to use for GPS directions: 94 Brett Road Piscataway, NJ 08854-8058
- Parking: Parking is in Lot 64, which is directly in front of the CoRE Building. If you are attending a DIMACS workshop, parking passes may not be required, but please inquire when you check in. If you are visiting of the day, please go to the Main Office to get a parking tag.
- Map: You can view the the location around the CoRE Building on this map.
The Rutgers University website has detailed information on travel by car, bus, rail, and air to Rutgers New Brunswick. Rutgers New Brunswick is made up of five campuses, so if traveling by car be sure to use the directions to Busch Campus. Detailed directions to DIMACS are also available here.
- By Train: NJ Transit has service into New Brunswick, which is approximately 3 miles from DIMACS.
- By Air: Newark airport is the closest airport. It is about 30 miles from DIMACS. In light traffic, it is about a 40 minute drive, but the travel time varies greatly. NJ Transit offers rail service between the airport and New Brunswick. From Newark Airport, take the AirTrain to the AirTrain Rail Link station and buy a ticket to New Brunswick.
- By Bus: Suburban Transit has service from New Brunswick (750 Somerset St). The station is about 4 miles from DIMACS.
- Campus Buses: Rutgers has a campus bus service that is available for travel between Rutgers Campuses.
Reimbursement Policy and Procedures
If your travel is being reimbursed by DIMACS, please review the DIMACS policies and procedures for reimbursement carefully. DIMACS must adhere to travel reimbursement policies defined by our funding agencies and by Rutgers University; therefore, we are unable to reimburse travel arrangements that violate these policies.
Food and Lodging
The Rutgers University website is also a good source of information on restaurants and hotels in New Brunswick.
The Rutgers Inn is located on the Douglass Campus of Rutgers University in New Brunswick. It is a nice lower-priced option and the only hotel on the Rutgers campus. It is accessible to Busch campus via the Rutgers’ campus buses, which are free but may be infrequent during the summer and other breaks. Parking is free.
The Holiday Inn is a mid-priced option that is about 5 miles from DIMACS. It may be a good choice if you have a car. It offers free parking and has a variety of nearby restaurant options. The Holiday Inn may offer a special Rutgers University rate, but you must call and indicate that you are attending a Rutgers University event to get the special rate. Reservations made on-line will not receive the Rutgers rate.
The Hyatt Regency is a higher-priced option located in Downtown New Brunswick within walking distance of a wide variety of dining options, as well as the New Brunswick train station. It is about 3.5 miles from DIMACS. They Hyatt offers a Rutgers rate that is available if you book through this website. On-site parking is at an additional cost.