DIMACS Workshop on Discrete Metric Spaces and their Algorithmic Applications
August 20 - 23, 2003
Friend Center, Bowl 006, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Co-sponsored by the Institute for Advanced Study and Princeton University.
- Moses Charikar, Princeton University, moses@CS.Princeton.EDU
- Piotr Indyk, MIT, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nati Linial, Hebrew University, email@example.com
- Jiri Matousek, Charles University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yuri Rabinovich, University of Haifa, email@example.com
- Gideon Schechtman, Weizmann Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented under the auspices of the DIMACS Special Focus on Data Analysis and Mining
Call for Participation:
The workshop will consist of invited presentations of researchers working in the field of embeddings and related areas of mathematics and computer science. A preliminary list of invited speakers and participants is attached below.
In addition, the workshop will feature several tutorials on embeddings as well as their algorithmic applications. A partial list of tutorials includes:
- - "Embeddings and computation over streaming data" (S. Muthukrishnan)
- - "Embeddings and approximation algorithms for NP-hard problems" (R. Ravi)
- - "Lipschitz quotient maps between Banach spaces" (Bill Johnson)
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on August 11, 2003.